Family Business Setting
- Analyzed value of family owned funeral home and designed program to optimize cash flow.
- Determined viability of growth after inter-generational transfer and structured family-based transaction.
- Worked with client over 4 years to guide to successful business transition and currently manage all aspects of family wealth.
- Coordinated efforts of legal counsel to design sophisticated estate plan structures resulting in over $1,000,000 in tax savings.
- Advised family-owned furniture business on transfer of stock between 2nd and 3rd generations.
- Delivered IRS compliant report on appropriate stock price for transfer using self-cancelling installment note (SCIN)between generations.
- Determined feasibility of future growth given capital required for transition.
- Coordinated with legal and tax counsel on estate plan and trust structures given business transfer plans.
- Currently manage all aspects of family wealth for senior generation. Investment management services included diversification of concentrated positions in bank stocks resulting in significant risk reduction prior to global financial crisis.
- Advised 2nd generation shareholders of a multi-national family business on existing stock price and the ability of the company to meet shareholder objectives.
- Determined the lump-sum required for shareholders to continue income stream in retirement for the 2nd generation at exit.
- Calculated projected value of stock under various scenarios outlined by family.
- Currently using A.Q.U.A. ® to benchmark stock price and advise shareholders on performance drivers.
- Worked with family's other advisors to determine appropriate language on buy/sell provisions for family members in operating agreement.
- Advised 2nd generation petroleum marketer on valuation issues related to tax effects of stock gifting and stock repurchse.
- Examined effects of buyout of non-management shareholder siblings by sibling involved in day-to-day operations.
- Determined cost of capital under growth scenarios.
Copyright 2013 WHM Capital Advisors. All rights reserved.